FPS AS, a partnership comprising Multiconsult, Aas-Jakobsen and Amberg Engineering, has been awarded the Follo
Line Project Service Agreement. This covers all technical consultancy required by the Norwegian National Rail Administration to realise the Follo Line project. The assignment includes:
- design and follow-up of preparatory work from Oslo Central Station to Ski
- developing the basis for four turnkey contracts: Ski Station, the tunnel drilling machine (TDM), drill and blast (D&B), and Oslo Central Station approach (IOS).
- necessary zoning and official application processes
- filling necessary roles in the main client organisation
- carrying out the necessary studies and checks during the project
Multiconsult has been responsible for all work related to the Ski subproject as well as for geology, geotechnology, and water and drainage in the TDM and D&B contracts. Furthermore, it has designed a large rigging and waste disposal site at Åsland which will function as a concrete plant, power supply and depository for rock spoil from the TDM contract.
Scope of work
The assignment has been executed as a combination of traditional design work, development of the project in workshops together with the National Rail Administration, and making personnel available to the latter’s construction client organisation.
All traditional project deliveries have been developed in the assignment. In addition, a completely new turnkey contract concept has been created for developing railway projects.
Zoning work including:
- zoning plan
- detailed plan
- detailed design of preparatory work
- supervision of construction work as consultant to main client
- Site preparation
- Structural engineering
- Highway engineering
- Water, drainage and district heating
- Electrical engineering
- Fire precautions
- Noise abatement
- Environmental protection
- Safety, health and the environment
- Reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS)
- Cost estimates
- Environmental clearance
- 3D modelling
- Project and construction management