Statkraft has created an Albanian company (Devoll Hydropower Sh.A – DHP) and have obtained a Concession to develop, build and operate the 240 MW Devoll Hydropower Project in Albania. The development comprises a cascade of 2 hydropower projects comprising 2 large dams 90 (Banjë) and 150 m (Moglice) high, some 20 km of tunnels, 1 underground and 1 surface power station. The project incorporates the half built Banjë dam which will be completed as part of the project.
Scope of work
Make available to Employer qualified personnel for the inclusion in Employer’s site supervision and contract management team for construction of the Moglice Dam and Hydropower Plant
Engineering consultancy services
Provide advice and/or engineering / design services as required for Employer’s follow-up of the Owners Designer or Contractor’s design for Moglice and Banja Hydropower plants.
Construction supervision (as part of DHPs site team):
- Moglice dam construction including foundation preparation and stability of surface slopes
Engineering consultancy services;
- Advice as independent advisor during construction related to Banjë dam construction and abutments, in particular assessment of stability and remedial measures at Banjë dam abutments
- Advice on grouting of dam foundation
- Assessment of reservoir slope stability for Banjë reservoir
- Independent advisor on tunnelling works
- Design of TBM tunnels at Moglice