Ormen lange (Project phase 1)
Ormen Lange is the second largest gas field and the largest industrial project ever realized in Norway.
Multiconsult has been involved in development of the onshore gas plant for the Ormen Lange project since 2003 through three large multidiscipline contracts directly for Hydro for the main civil contract, for Aker Kværner for the main installation contract, and for Aker Stord for the gas reception area.
Our work covered the civil and related areas with responsibility to develop, design and engineer all civil and infrastructure for the onshore plant. The work has comprised basic, detail, follow-on engineering and site supervision assistance.
Nyhamna (Project phase 2)
Shell has awarded Kvaerner with Multiconsult as Subcontractor with the engineering, procurement, construction and management (EPCM) contract for modifications and projects at its Ormen Lange/ Nyhamna onshore facilities. The contract scope includes all modifications and projects on the Ormen Lange/Nyhamna facility and is established to meet the expected, significant increased project production activity over the next 5-to-10 years. Our work comprise basic, feed/ detail and follow-on engineering and site supervision assistance.
Nyhamna Expansion is the main part of the contract and has the following main objectives:
- Provide receiving facilities for a new gas pipeline Polarled from Aasta Hansteen
- Integrate the third party gas into the existing Nyhamna Gas Plant treatment facilities
- Provide onshore booster compression facilities
Scope of work
In the detail engineering phase Multiconsult was engaged for:
- Roads and infrastructure
- Site preparation and landfall
- Caverns and tunnels
- Product jetty for condensate gas
- Construction jetty and small boat harbour
- Administration complex, site camp and construction offices
- Training center site camp and construction offices
- Steel buildings for process, compressors and utilities
- Steel buildings for compressors
- Sub stations and electrical buildings
- Seawater in- and outlet incl. weir box
- Foundations for compressors, slug catcher, PAR’s and PAU’sand process equipment
- Underground piping and facilities
- High voltage facilities
- Bid preparation
- Tender evaluation
- Authority approval
- Site investigations on land and in sea
- Civil contracts and site supervision