The Nam Ngiep 2 Hydroelectric Project is being developed by the China International Water & Electric Corporation and the Government of Laos. The project is planned to enter commercial operation in 2015. The works comprise a transfer weir on the Nam Ngiep , a 7.4 km long transfer tunnel, a 70 m high earth rock dam on the Nam Sen, a 10.9 km long headrace tunnel, a surface power station on the Nam Siam equipped with 3 x 60 MW Francis turbines and generators and a 230 kV transmission line to the Tha Vieng substation.
Scope of work
The scope of the work includes reporting and advice to the Government of Laos and a review of the project design, key project documents, compliance monitoring during construction, services during project commissioning and monitoring during the early stages of project operation.
- Review of environmental and social project studies and recommendations
- Review of EPC and other main construction contracts
- Review of project design
- Review of construction costs, project budget and operation & maintenance budget
- Monitoring of environmental and social compliance during construction
- Monitoring of project construction and commissioning
- Reporting, presentations and workshops