The Nam Ou 2 Hydroelectric Project is being developed by the Sinohydrdro Corporation and the Government of Laos. The project is planned to enter commercial operation in 2015. The project comprises a low head gated barrage and integral power station equipped with 3 x 40 MW bulb turbines and generators.
Scope of work
The scope of the work includes reporting and advice to the Government of Laos and a review of the project design, key project documents, compliance monitoring during construction, services during project commissioning and monitoring during the early stages of project operation.
- Review of environmental and social project studies and recommendations
- Review of EPC and other main construction contracts
- Review of project design
- Review of construction costs, project budget and operation & maintenance budget
- Monitoring of project construction and commissioning
- Review of water management, flood control and operational procedures
- Reporting, presentations and workshops