Sustainable hydropower development is gaining accelerated momentum worldwide and the renewable energy team in Multiconsult are proud to be part of that movement.
In the past year, Multiconsult has made significant efforts to strengthen our position in international water resource management and as part of this, Multiconsult BA Renewable Energy will co-organize and partly sponsor the first Hydropower Sustainability Forum – Mekong +, to be held in our main office in Oslo, from the 4th to the 5th September.
Jointly organized by MRC, GIZ GmbH and Multiconsult, the first Oslo Forum will take account of what has been developed, and is under development in the Mekong region. The forum is also duly supported by NORAD, The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Deltares. The Forum will besides having focus on Mekong draw on similar sustainability initiatives internationally, specifically those related to sustainable hydropower development within the context of sound water resources management, and cater for extended dialogue between organizations and experts working in this field.
The Forum will be arranged in five sessions featuring an interactive mix of presentations, panels and group discussions
- Opening and Keynote – “Managing the World’s River Basins: The Role of the Hydropower Sector for a Sustainable Future”
- Sustainable Hydropower Policy, Guidelines, and Planning
- Sustainable Hydropower Designs and Operation
- Governance, Cooperation, and Practice
- Forum Conclusion and Closing – “A way forward – New frontiers in improved planning, innovative practice and good governance”
For more information on the forum, a detailed program and the presentations please visit the Forum website: mrcmekong.org